Monday, February 9, 2009

The move from........!

We are officially out of our house on Bomar and into our house on base. The weather leading up to move was beautiful with highs in the 50's and sunny nearly windless days. Then it was Saturday we woke to clouds and the temp. plummeting nearly 30 degrees in one day. The snow started and so did the wind. We had about 4 of the brethren from church show to help load the truck and none by the time we unloaded. Nathan called the other LDS pilot in the squadron and the two of them moved all our very heavy furniture in. We are so very grateful to "Joe the pilot" for all his help. Unfortunately one trip was not all it took. We continued loading and unloading trailers for the next three days, as Nathan was still working. The temp. that week were even worse than Sat. with highs around -12 degrees and winds reaching 50 knots. In non-military language it was roughly 70mph. Hurricane force winds:( My mother, bless her, was here and so we at least didn't have to pawn our children out for nearly a week and she practically cleaned the whole of our old house. We are truly grateful for her presence. I really think she is what kept me sane. Our sweet landlord granted us an extension because of the weather. This too, saved my sanity.We finally checked out officially today. YEAH!! So far the kitchen, bathroom, and projector are all set up. The silver lining in this move is the fact that between the move and tax returns we will be out of credit card debt in about 3 weeks.

4 comments:

C Dawn's bucket said...

WOW! so glad you are moved. Can't wait to visit you again.

Jenny said...

Nina-I'm glad you survived! I hate moving and I can't imagine what it would be like with three girls and an entire house full of stuff! Also, congrats on paying off your credit cards-I'm sure that is going to feel great!

Tubbs Family said...

I like how Nathan has a mistress. I call Travis' computer his mistress! Your girls are getting so big! It seems so long ago that we were all together in CA and now people are moving back there. Anyway, I hope you like your new place. We just got all moved in and know the agonies of it!

Anonymous said...

It sounds like that was a rough move. I am sorry. I am glad that you are in your new home. Now for the unpacking. :)