"When your heart was filled with anger, did you think to pray? Did you Plead for grace, my brother, that you might forgive another who had crossed your way? When sore trials came upon you, did you think to pray? When your soul was full of sorrow, balm of Gilead did you borrow at the gates of day? Oh how praying rest the weary! Prayer will change the night to day.So, when life gets dark and dreary, don't forget to pray." pg 140 hymnal of thechurch of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
I read this today after crying for more than 2 hours becasue I felt so lonely and neglected by my family. It brought me great comfort along aiththe reminder that if I go to the Lord in prayer I am a lot less likely to get boohoo headache afterward
August in the Leake Home
10 months ago
1 comment:
Aww Nina. My prayers are with you. I had a sad heart too today. Though mine is probably less traumatic.
My 7 year old daughter came up to me and said, "Mommy, on Sunday my teacher asked what we remembered from conference. I didn't remember anything and neither did Tyler (a boy in her primary class). I was wondering what you remembered Mommy?" I shared some things with her. Then she went on to tell me that her teacher handed out fruit roll-ups to the children that remembered something.
I was so annoyed. Her teacher didn't tell her ahead of time that she'd ask them. She didn't tell them to listen to conference. (although I did). Then I started thinking about the things her teacher does that are not necessarily appropriate or fair for 7 and 8 year olds. Especially ones that may have a memory problem.
So, fooey. Thanks for the wonderful reminder with a great hymn.
Post a Comment