Today I thought I would blog about a book series that our family has recently been listening to on CD, The sister's Grimm, by Michael Buckley. The sisters Grimm are the great, great, great... grandchildren of the youngest of the the famous brothers Grimm who wrote the "fairy tales" only they weren't really fairy tales they were histories.After the kidnap of their parents, Sabrina and Daphne, the sisters Grimm are thrown into the world of fairytale mysteries. The two sisters along with their Granny Relda solve the town of Fairy port Landing's fairytale mysteries. The books are a collection of funny and twisting convolution of fairy tale's put together. Our girls hang on every word. Nathan and I find them very enjoyable as well.There are eight books in the series and here they are in order.
The Fairytale detectives
The Unusual Suspects
The Problem Child
Once upon a Crime
Magic and other Misdemeanors
Tales from the Hood
The Everafter War
The Inside Story
Book eight is only out in book and not in CD yet.
Hope all is well and you are enjoying life.
NINA
August in the Leake Home
10 months ago
2 comments:
I agree with Nina - we listened to the first book during our travels with Nathan, Nina and my sweet grand daughters on our last trip. They story was delightful.
Sounds like we'll have to see if our local library has these and see what the boys think of them. I'm always on the look out for good literature.
Post a Comment